[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TV) the Wonder
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TV) the Wonder
- From: Maurice Rickard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:52:40 -0500
- In-reply-to: <005201c08be6$c545d180$84ec883e@baka>
- References: <5BA4EAE4ACF6D211BC540001FA7EB196056A2BDB@xcem-casfo-11.wellsfargo.com><00 2501c08bb0$9addb560$c8e1883e@baka> <6LPjYIALWFe6Ew3x@marquee.demon.co.uk> <005201c08be6$c545d180$84ec883e@baka>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 12:33 AM +0000 2/1/01, Ray wrote, re _Cover_ and _WFTF_:
Incredibly i still own vinyl copies as i thought
maybe i'd grow to like them at some future date but it hasn't happened yet
and to be honest i don't think it ever will .
Fair enough indeed, Ray--you've given them a shot. I myself maligned
_Cover's_ recording quality a while back, and Keith urged me to
listen to the vinyl again, forcing a retraction...although I still
think the drum machine's pretty bad, and I still wonder how Tom was
recording his voice for those two discs. I felt compelled to listen
to _WFTF_ again last night, and to my ear Tom's tone and playing are
spot on, even if the backing isn't as spirited as TV.
BTW Leo's story about Tom's humiliating solo gig backing the Church near
broke my heart so please folks go easy on me...and Keith that's my job at
the toffee apple stand gone now isn't it?....i'll get me coat.....
Oh, God, yeah. It's horrifying. Of course, we've seen what's
happened to the Church since then...
To post: Mail email@example.com
To unsubscribe: Mail firstname.lastname@example.org with message "unsubscribe tv"