Re: (TV) old but new

One of the Wynbrandts, I think Jimmy was his name, played with a band called
the Revelons. Great pop/rock band, that
Fred Smith worked with as producer. They had a record out around the time
the Neon Boys record came out.
The first time Tom played in public, and probably the last time he played
CBGB's was with the Revelons on New years Eve, I GUESS it was 1979/1980.
I don't remember what he did first set. Tom did the last song of both sets,
but the second set they did Ain't That Nothing,
which the Revelons didn't know. Fred played rhythm guitar, and Tom sang and
played lead. During "Ain't that Nothing" they stretched out and Tom started
singing some improvised lyrics. It was amazing. After the second set Tom
grabbed me as i was going to the bathroom, and asked me what I thought. I
think he was nervous about playing, but I told him truthfully, that he made
a lot of people happy that night, me included. It was amazing!
I feel for Secret X.Even though I don't have the intimate knowledge of Tom
that she has, I'm always editing myself before
I send posts. I have to respect Tom's and the bands privacy but I love
remembering those days. I've been asked to do an interview about the CBGB's
days. I'm expecting the questions to arrive anytime now via email.