Re: (TV) Grammy "Awards"

In a message dated 1/4/01 1:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, grntg@yahoo.com
writes:

I guess my jist was that does a good song or having
talent really mean anything?  How could an "artist"
even be proud of getting an award bought for them?

Oh exactly. Right on the money (pun intended).

When I was a kid, I used to look forward to the Grammys, and I was always
disappointed that the acts I liked never won anything. Now, I see that lack
of winning as a point of pride!

I saw once (and only once) the televising of the CMJ Music Awards. On the
show I saw (minimum 5-10 years ago), Lou Reed got a lifetime achievement
award. That's more like it.

      -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn"
-- Neil Innes, "Protest Song"