Re: (TV) Strangestrange

> Are you talking about the Manitoba gigs (Richard Lloyd GROUP!!!) or some
> earlier shows? Who was playing in the quartet/quintet?
> When did the beefsteak-gig take place?

The first band Richard had, was the lineup on Alchemy although Mtthew joined
later. This lineup was Richard, Fred Smith, Jim Maestro, and Vinny Denunzio.
They played NYC a lot in those days.

> Hope you havn't lost the RL tape! I'm really interested. Havn't heard
> Richard play his material live with a band of his since -88. (Sometimes
it's
> hard to be on this side of the world.)
 This was in 1979 or so. They oncedid a stint at this after hours joint, the
band didn't start until 4:30 AM or so. The
people that showed up there were all the real late night denizens of NY.
Lots of transvestites and all kinds of drug users, it wasn't unusual to go
to bathroom to find someone shooting up.
One gig I went up for some air and there was an older woman up there also
getting air and we started talking, she eventually gave me a little
something to keep me going.
Later on one of the members of the band who had seen me talking with her
said, "oh you met Anita she has the best coke", it turned out to be Anita
Pallenberg.
The good old days!