Re: (TV) speaking of verlaine...

Hmm. This will always run a close second to his debut LP for me, which I
probably prefer to everything other than MARQUEE MOON, but yeah, I agree that
FLASHLIGHT is top-notch. Even the discarded 1986 album that wound-up on b-sides
is uniformly solid: "Sixteen Tulips", "Anna", etc. I really love Verlaine's
lyric-writing style during this period - like "The Scientist Writes a Letter"
or "One Time at Sundown" - it's almost conversational.

And yes, it sounds great loud!!

--Philip