Re: (TV) On the Beach

On The Beach is great, especially the title track and 'See The Sky About
To Rain'. It seems quite different from most of his albums, to me. It's
odd that this and Time Fades Away haven't been released on CD (as far as
I know). With On The Beach, I assume that's got something to do with
getting clearances for all the guest musicians on it -- I think it's got
various people from the Band backing him, maybe there are legal problems
or something. Can't think why they haven't done TFA though.
Sam

Billy Ancell wrote:

> I promise this is the last on Neil
>
> Anybody out there into On the Beach? MM and this have
> to be my two favourite records. Took me ages to get it
> on vinyl - worth the hassle tho - bootleg CD's of it
> vary wildly in quality. Someone mentioned Time Fades
> Away - I found a pirate vinyl of this, I already have
> the original but it was nice to see bootlegers are
> still doing vinyl! They even copied the big fold out
> lyric insert.
>
> =====
> Nothing ever happens until it happens twice - Tom Verlaine

Sam Inglis
Assistant Editor,
Sound On Sound Magazine.
Tel +44 (0)1954 789888.