(TV) Tom's a prick t his fans?

Over the last 6 months or so there has been a ton of
discussion regarding Verlaine's paranoia, his stand
offishness, his obsession with control, arrogance,
etc.

When I was organizing the Television/Verlaine tribute
cd Verlaine passed me a note that said the project
sounded "fine and fun" and would consider the
royalties.  I sent more details about the royalties
and never heard from him again.  Basically I am
assuming that he figured out that there would be, oh
mabye 10 people outside the tributes contributers
actually interested in the thing he let it drop, and
more importantly, let us have our fun.

One last thought, the boots for the 92 reunion...the
1st show (Glasnost) was great, but not nearly as great
as the tail end shows.  Same with his acoustic tours,
the early ones are not even comparable to the latter
ones (where he loosens up considerably).

One final caveat...In the Jeff Buckley biography,
Verlaine told Buckley that if he did not like the
sessions he produced he should erase them otherwise
the record co. would do it for him.  Well the record
co. did and my guess is if Verlaine gets fed up, the
rumoured three albums (Verlaine/Rip instrumentals, a
warm & cool instrumental, and the rock album) will
probably never surface).

In the Buckley biography Verlaine was a bit of a prick
to the band as Buckley kept bringing in drummers that
couldn't keep time and Buckley was pissing around in
the studio.  Ever try and record something with a
drummer who can't keep time?

Well, that was a book

greg