From: Andy Ferguson [mailto:andy@cheesemaker.fsnet.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 4:32 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Bootlegs

Are you saying my elusive and mysterious promo is a bootleg , Secret X ?
{:-)}

On a more serious note , wouldn't it be prudent to effectively eliminate the
majority of the need for bootlegs by releasing the material people want
privately , much like Pete Townshend does via his website . I dare say Pete
is more interested in the digital revolution than Tom is , but he releases
dozens of CDs only available from his sites and the fans buy 'em up without
the need of a bootlegger . If that was the case for TV material , all of us
would certainly get discs direct from Tom's 'people' rather than an illegal
outlet .

Anyone care to comment ?
Andy.