Re: (TV) Review: Best of the British Invasion at the Bottom Line 4/28

> Wild Thing (Troggs, Hendrix, etc.) - Ivan Julian (of the Voidoids) did a
> stunning version of this, relying heavily on Hendrix's slow-and-heavy
version.
> He's a great Television-related guitarist we don't talk about much on this
> group, but after seeing this performance, it seems like a crime. Quite a
long
> number, with Julian all over the place.

I have mentioned more than once on the list how great and underrated Ivan
is. One of my
favorite guitarists.

> The house band, BTW, had the usual BEAT GOES ON regulars, including Tony
> Shanahan of the Patti Smith Group, Tish and Snooky, and Andy Burton.

Damn, if I had known that Tony, Ivan and those Sick F*cks, Tish and Snooky
were going to be there
I'd have definitely made my way to the Bottom Line. Tish and Snooky had a
band in the late 70's or early
80's called the Sick F*cks.