Re: (TV) Lou Reed Bootlegs

> Seems like Walk and Talk It is missing on the official release, the
>interview is added, though. This is really a great document. This has more
>to do with Lou Reed than R'n'R Animal, the album people in general are
>familiar with. (The official seventies live-albums just shows a wreck. RRA
>is famous for its guitars. Lou is not playing, though he is a for more
>important guitar player than Dick&Steve.))

The listing at CDNOW.com shows Walk It & Talk It as one of the tracks, as
well as the interview.  They have a sample audio file for it, as well.  The
samples all sound pretty good.
You're right, Rock N Roll Animal doesn't seem to have much to do with Lou
Reed.  Even the applause at the end of the Sweet Jane intro was dubbed in
from a John Denver (I think) show.  It's total guitar hero territory; very
1970's.  However, it's still better than Lou Reed Live, which consists of
all the Rock N Roll Animal tracks that weren't good enough to release
originally.  On Lou Live, you can hear a disappointed fan shout, "Lou Reed
sucks!"  Apparently, Lou fought to have that kept in.  (He hates that trio
of albums: R'n'R Animal, Sally Can't Dance and Lou Reed Live).

> Has anyone heard the Phantom of Rock-boot recorded on the same tour? Is it
as good as this one?

Never heard it.  A record store in Toronto has it, but they want $38.00 for
it.  Plus, some hippie told me it wasn't that good.

>First time I saw Lou was in Stockholm in -79. He performed almost the whole

>Berlin-album and it would be great to hear a recording from that tour.
>Anyone heard the Berlin -79 boot. (He was pretty far out and left the stage

>during the long jams.)

I would love to hear this show.  Berlin is a great.  It was the very first
Lou album I ever owned.  On the re-relased verison, there's great pictures
in the booklet, plus a pretty interesting article about the making of it.  I
read that Lou and Andy were attempting to make a Broadway version of it, but
nothing ever came of it.

Lou favourites:
Lou Reed
Transformer
Berlin (one of my three all time favourites. The others? MM and Fun House.)
Metal Machine Music
Street Hassle (real NY-punk)
The Blue Mask (Quine is great!)
Legendary Hearts
New Sensations (every song is a radio hit)
Songs for Drella

Set the Twilight Reeling and Ecstacy are strong albums too.

/Per

I agree with everything on this list, except Metal Machine Music.  I just
can't like that album.  At least John Lennon was quicker about his nonsense.

Cameron.