Re: (TV) Verlaine's 1987 touring band

Hi Philip,

> Does anyone know who was in Verlaine's band for the 1987 tour?

It was the standard line-up of Tom, Ripp, Fred Smith & Jay Dee.

> Also, question re: the live 12" version of "Marquee Moon" from 1987. Is this
> really live? Why is no audience audible on it? Were they simply mixed-out??

I've often wondered about that. Clinton Heylin told me that it had
been recorded from mics positioned on the soundboard. But it just
doesn't sound it too me. I haven't heard it for years though.

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm