RE: (TV) RE: Beatles Influence on Television

Sadly, I don't have a copy of this interview.  I would like to, though.  It
was very good.
I do remember it fairly well, however.  Verlaine never said he prefered the
pop music of Petula Clark over that of The Beatles.  He merely made
reference to an essay by the late great pianist Glenn Gloud, who insisted
that Petula Clark's arrangements were far more complex than those of George
Martin/The Beatles.  When Tom was asked if he liked Clark's music, he said:
"No.  Not really." [sic]

He also said that he was not a Beatles fan, either.

PS.  Tom would probably tell reporters that he was influenced by the Sesame
Street theme song, if he figured he could get away with it.

I'm not really disagreeing with either of you------just that in that 1987
(Sept./Oct.) Option Magazine interview (the one that used to be on the now
defunct "Rivethead"/Unofficial Television web-site) TV talked at length
about how he wasn't that big a fan of the Beatles and how why he instead
preferred the Stones or the pop hits of Petulia Clark to the Beatles.
Which doesn't mean he wasn't influenced by the Beatles.