Re: (TV) Evolve

--- Henry17306@aol.com wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a list of which boots have been factory-pressed
> "silver-backed" and which are high quality professional cdr's (like Evolve)
> or the Japanese cdr and the homemade cdr's.

Two things:
1. Take a look at Steve Rovner's bootleg list at "Just the Facts":
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/facts/bandboot.htm, although it doesn't (yet)
distinguish between CD-Rs and CDs.
2. More importantly, many factory-pressed CDs were later replaced (like DOUBLE
EXPOSURE) or even preceded (like POOR CIRCULATION) by CD-R versions.

> The following I have as original factory-pressed "silver-backed" CD's:
>
> Television - "Fairland"
> Television - "New York Stories"
> Television - "Portable Electricity" Factory pressed CDR
> Television - "Live Adventures"
> Television - "This Case Is Closed"
> Television - "Live In San Francisco"
> Television - "Last Live In Portland Oregon"
> Tom Verlaine - "Glory"

First, LIVE ADVENTURES, LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO, and PORTABLE ELECTRICITY are all
the same show (but from slightly different source tapes).

Second, you can add:
DOUBLE EXPOSURE - the first, and probably most essential, TV CD bootleg
ARROWHEAD - "highlights" from a scratchy copy of the ARROW LP bootleg
ROSE OF MY HEART
EARLY GIG '75 - I have a CD-R version, but I believe there originally was a CD
version of this disc.

--Philip