(TV) Richard Hell's new book & book launch party

Hi all,

My fiance and I went to Richard Hell's book launch party last night for HOT AND
COLD. It was held at Spa in NYC, and the room reserved for the party was packed
- with at least a few other familiar faces (like Roberta Bayley). Hell was in
good spirits and signed my copy.

The new book is excellent - a treasure trove full of fascinating stuff. It
essentially collects all of the unpublished and/or uncollected material Hell
could find, some dating to the late 60s, right up to the present. This includes
several Theresa Stern poems (co-written with Verlaine), and his previous
magazine articles on topics such as the first Television concert, the
Heartbreakers, the Ramones, Sid & Nancy, heroin, the Theresa Stern interview
from Punk, etc. There's also a few poems written with Patti Smith, and the
unpublished Verlaine/Hell collaboration "28th Century", mentioned several
months ago on this list, and in Hell's ARTIFACT. The book also has the lyrics
to every Hell song ever published (as well as the infamous Television track
"Fuck Rock 'n' Roll"), a huge series of his diaries (sort of...) from
1988-1998, a bunch of essays written over the last year or two, etc. I can't
even begin to summarize everything in here - 244 pages!

Oh yeah, there are also some of Hell's (mostly pornographic) artwork, as well
as some photos from across the years (some I've seen before, some I haven't).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to reading it - as I said to Hell, it's bigger than
all of his previous books/journals combined!

--Philip