(TV) ot:: THE SOUND

the sound is another group that i always felt never got enough attention.

having said that,anyone who is a fan of theirs may be interested in this
clipped from a red sun records mailout [i know i am ;)  ]

william

THE SOUND - 3 New Re-Releases

The remastered rereleases of The Sound's first 3 albums "Jeopardy"," From
The Lions Mouth" and "All Fall Down" which have never been (fully) available
on CD before are scheduled for release on 30-12-2001. You can pre-order your
copies here at Red Sun. These albums will be shipped as soon as we have
received stock. If you pay by creditcard, we will not charge your card
untill we are ready to ship the albums to your shippingaddress.

The classic "Jeopardy" was the band's first release on Korova Records. The
rerelease includes the lyrics for the first time, together with some great
sleevenotes from drummer Michael Dudley and from Steve Budd (who managed
them at that time). The 4 bonus tracks are the Live Instinct EP which was
only issued in Holland. It was recorded at The Venue in London on January 14
1981 and was used as a promotional item - it was not for sale. The second
album "From The Lion's Mouth" was the major turning point in The Sound's
career around the world. It contains many of their greatest songs. The 3rd
album on Warners, "All Fall Down" was less well received at the time, but
has subsequently proved itself a brilliant record. 3 extra tracks are added
from the original session which never made it onto the album. Adrian and
Wally Brill mixed them shortly before Adrian's death. These songs have NEVER
been heard before !