Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #559

My favorite albums of the year:

-The White Stripes, White Blood Cells [Sympathy For The Record Industry]
-Markus Stockhausen, Karta [ECM]
-Ladytron, 604 [Emperor Norton]
-Hawksley Workman, [Last Night We Were] The Delicious Wolves [Isadora/Universal]
-Richard Lloyd, The Cover Doesn't Matter [Upsetter]
-Chick Corea New Trio, Past, Present, and Futures [Stretch]
-Weezer, Green Album [Geffen]
-The Living End - Roll On
-Hawksley Worman, Almost A Full Moon [Isadora Records]
-Alain Bashung, A Paraitre [Barclay]

Best Live Albums of the year:

-Jeff Buckley, Live at l'Olympia
-John Zorn, Masada Live at Tonic 2001[Tzadik]
-Thelonius Monk, Monk In Tokyo [Columbia]
-Charlie Haden, In Montreal [ECM]

Best Compilations of the year:

-Wayne Kramer, Beyond Cyberpunk [Muscle]
-Serge Gainsbourg, Initiales B.B. [Polygram]

Best Reissues of the year:

-The Ramones, s/t [Rhino]
-Marlene Dietrich, Unvergebliche Schlager Erfolge [EMI]

Best Boxed Sets of The Year:

-Miles Davis, Complete In A Silent Way Sessions [Columbia]
-The Velvet Underground, Bootleg Series Vol.1: The Quine Tapes

Greatest things that Eric discovered this year:
Charles Mingus (thank you mr. rickard) , Sonny Boy Williamson, Hawksley Workman, White Stripes, Cecil Taylor, Paul Bley and That dude who sings country tunes at the corner of Yonge/Bloor.

Best used CD purchase that made Eric realize Iggy used to make great solo albums [Ave B aside]:

-Iggy Pop ,Lust For Life

Top obssession that just got wackier this year:

-Britten

Best bootlegs acquired this year

-Television, Live at the Metro, Chicago IL 05/17/01
-Peter Laughner, Nocturnal Digressions

> From: Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: (TV) Round-up
>
> I know this year has seen some appalling things, and this is not to make
> light of them, but what have you really enjoyed listening to in 2001?
>
> For me, things that seem to have had repeat plays have been:
>
> Chris Butler: Easy Life
> The Best of Kilopop!
> Nuggets 2 (The British one)
> Morning Glory - The Tim Buckley Anthology (thanks Ray)
> Wavewalkers
> Some Rare Footage: Gormless
> Richard's The Cover Doesn't Matter
> Marquee Moon
> TV live '92 stuff
> Nick Cave: No More Shall We Part
> Beefheart: Bat Chain Puller
> Ray Charles: Blues Before Sunrise
> They Call Me Muddy Waters
> Robert Johnson
>
> (and if I hear one more bloody Limp Bizkit album my kids will be
> evicted. Hell, I've turned into my father)
> Keith Allison
> http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk
> "The Wonder - Tom Verlaine, Television & Stuff"

Eric Veillette
eric@home-sick.org
http://www.home-sick.org/eric