RE: (TV) Quiet around here... Haden / DVD audio techical problems with vibration

Maurice,

Your info below much appreciated as this is a topic
that I've tried to collect articles and to research over
the years, and never tire of learning more about it.

Also, you had mentioned Charlie Haden on the list several times
 and I finally got around to checking out his music this weekend
(mostly the 1991 cd) fantastic stuff---can you tell me anything
about Haden's saxophone player whose name I had
never heard of before; he sounds like a combination of Gato Barbeiri[sp?]
and John Coltrane?

(Slight TV connection: TV sometimes would get bored by interviewer's
repeated Qs about Coltrane/Miles Davis influence on his playing and TV
would declare "I don't sit around and spend a lot of time listening to
Coltrane records anymore".)

I realize NPR most likely won't cover DVD audio, but just curious: I've
been hearing reports that DVD audio has some problems similar to the
early/original CD "skipping" or analogue "tape drop-out" playback problems
-----i.e., the present DVD audio technology being sold has the serious problem
that a very tiny outside vibrations can cause the system to skip or leave a
second or two of silence.

Anyone on MM list seen any reports or WebPages on this phenomenon, or
know owners of this new audio format who have experienced problems?

	Leo