Re: (TV) Great guitar albums - James Williamson

>And what
>sprang to mind was Iggy Pop's "New Values." I don't even own this
>album, but James Williamson's playing on "Five Foot One" and "I'm
>Bored," the two cuts I taped from a friend literally decades ago,
>always blows me away. Not complex, but incredibly dead-on: I've
>sometimes described it as a mix of Keith Richards and Bach -Richards
>for the rock'n'roll, Bach for the precision and concision of the
>rhythm playing (certainly not the harmony!), so different from
>Keith's also admirable "playing around the beat" style.

Yes, New Values is an excellent r'n'r guitar album. But, believe it or not, if the memory serves me well, Williamson just plays on one track, though, he's the album's producer. The fantastic guitarwork belongs to Scott Thurston, keyboard-man behind The Stooges, Tom Petty and Jackson Browne. (Can't guarantee this though, can't check this information at the moment.)

Per