(TV) more geek help

I am using Windows XP Media Player version 9 to transfer albums and
minidiscs to CD-R.  Unfortunately, the media player inserts a two second
gap between trax.  Very annoying for live shows.

I know the gaps are not on the files.  If I play an album or show already
stored on the computer through the computer's speakers, it sounds fine.
 But once I copy it onto a CD-R, the gaps are created.

Someone has explained this to me as default setting between "disc at once"
and "track at once", however I can't find comparable language or features
on Windows Media Player.

thanks,

Scott