Re: (TV) Pirate CD's

--- Billy Ancell <bilbicus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Disgraceful - people can get away with selling
> "Genuine" copies of this album, which has never even
> been released officially on CD - let alone in a
> "bumper" edition with BBC sessions on it.

OK, but this is a good example of where I think, *ethically* at least, certain
kinds of piracy aren't bad. Look, why isn't this album available on CD? The
album dates from 1974; CDs have been commercially available since c. 1983. If
the record company, or Mr. Young, or the lawyers, or whomever, can't be
bothered to release this album on CD after ~20 years, then I don't blame
consumers for buying pirated copies. Nor do I begrudge the Ebay seller, who
frankly is just taking advantage of a market Young/the label/the lawyers are
ignoring.

--Philip