(TV) Tom Thompson mystery solved

This just came in to my guest book:

"This is Mark Abel, who played 12-string on "Last Night" on Tom Verlaine's first solo LP. I also mixed live sound for Television nearly exclusively from late 1976 until their breakup, and also did a lot of informal playing with all four members. I'd like to lay to rest your assertion that Tom Thompson, who played drums on "Last Night," might have in fact been Billy Ficca. Not so. Tom was the drummer in Architecture, my unrecorded New York band of the late '70s and early '80s. Thompson and I played on a three-song demo that Verlaine recorded at Blue Rock Studios prior to the full album. "Last Night" was recorded at that session, along with a version of "Grip of Love" and another folk-rockish song whose name I don't remember."

(Got that one wrong, then!)
--
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk