From: "russvr" <russvr@blarg.net>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Subject: (TV) The Illustrious Ever Elegent Fred Smith
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:47:09 -0700

I love the way Tom Verlaine introduces the members of the band on the recently released live CD. Lately I have been listening to Fred's bass playing. I can't speak for other guitarists, but I tend to listen only to guitar at the expense of the rest of the music. I eventually realize the error of my ways and listen to the other instruments - and whoa .... what a big world it becomes ! And so to Fred - what a fantastic bass player ! His bass lines are so melodic, often
playing in contrapuntal motion. On just about every song his bass adds an
integral dimension to the Television sound. Fred is kind of mysterious though. What can other list members say to clear up the enigma that is Fred Smith ? =-
Russ