Re: (TV) OT- Dennis D news

In a message dated 6/16/2003 10:53:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
dend@nyc.rr.com writes:

> In the shop I found a 1962 Fender Precision bass.
> The finish is a little beaten up but it is the original finish. It plays and
> sounds GREAT. I'm pretty excited about it, the cost was $2500 but I've
> regularly seen basses of this vintage go for $5000 on ebay, so I look at it
> as an investment.

Dennis,
Nice one.  Check to see if it has the word "FUNK" burned into the heel of the
neck.
If it does.... congratulations brother, for you have found the Holy Grail of
basses, James Jamerson's legendary (and missing) Funk Machine.
It could happen.