Re: (TV) Fillmore

Well... not much of a review, just some impressions.

It was a great show, as I'm sure you might guess, but I am very disappointed in my fellow San Franciscans. Only approximately 400 tickets were sold @ $25 (according to a friend who is an employee of The Fillmore) out of a possible 1100.  It really looked empty, too.  For shame!  When they played the Great American Music Hall, both shows were sold out. Admittedly that's $10,000 but it's hardly worth the stop in SF with expenses. I'm sure they're getting a >>>LOT<<< more in Japan. The Fillmore only does posters on a sold out show.

Anyway, the energy of the band and the audiance was first class and everyone played great even if Richard had a scowl on his face all night. I think I saw him smile once.  We were right up front and the sound mix was really very well done and LOUD but I could barely hear Tom's vocals which tends to be a problem at The Fillmore (or anywhere) when you're right up front.

Tom invited my friend and I in for the sound check when he arrived. We were outside waiting on the show.  I was too chicken but my friend went in for a few minutes. Tom remembered her from NYC when she used to show up at CBGBs every night back in the proverbial day. He was very sweet but too busy to talk, naturally.

I didn't write down a set list... I can't be bothered when I'm into the music.  I do believe there were a few new songs, at least new to me, and all the classics. I actually preferred the songs I couldn't recognise!  No recording... sorry.  Maybe someone else?

Li
John Hawkridge <hawk@lmi.net> wrote:
Any reviews of the Fillmore show?
Were there posters?
Anyone record the show (and willing to share it)?