RE: (TV) Wonky trainspotting "See No Evil" observation, heated debate part deaux

At 8:43 AM -0800 1/21/04, Philip P. Obbard wrote:
--- Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
Could it have been a single channel (right or left), broadcast
as mono (so both channels would be present)? It wouldn't the
first time I've heard a radio station only transmit "half" of a
song... it only takes one mono 1/4" to 1/8" converter (or vice
versa) to make it happen. Or a stereo one not fully plugged-in.

This does seem likely, given the wide stereo separation of the two guitars. Looks like only the left channel was transmitted as stereo, and the solo made it through because it's panned center.

Curious that they'd let signal go out like that, but then again, it's college radio we're talking about...
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/