Re: Re: (TV) The Polar Prize

> this has got to be one of the more thoughtful riffs on abba ever. thing
> about crenshaw is most interesting to me cause he has a vision of the
> perfect bubble pop song, at least post early beatles.

Didn't U2 do "Dancing Queen" on one of their recent big-production
tours?  I mean, I think it probably related to their attempts to
embrace/tweak the image of being "big pop stars", but apparently it
really worked with the crowds (and the song does have a sort of
sweeping anthemic quality)... I remember a friend of mine raving about
it, but he came to U2 sort of post-fame and I'm pretty sure he like
ABBA in their own right.

Plus, ABBA's influence on KORN should not be underestimated.  Is it an
accident that both bands have four-letter names with one letter
invariably written backwards?  I don't see how it could be!

Oh, wait, KORN sucks, too.  Oh well.

-Rex

--
"Maybe baby election twelve who I really am!"
-Miranda Mellbye Broome