From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Rex
Broome
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 6:38 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: Ipods/Analogue/Dreamtime Production Revisited/Qs

robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> which may be part of another change, which is the remote control /
> video game syndrome, a lack of a developed attention span.  two or
> three minutes attention to anything, then move on.

Although the loss of the LP bums me out, I'm not sure I buy the
diminishing-attention-span argument.  I'm in my mid-thirties and *my*
generation was supposedly lobotomized by videogames and music videos, too.
I've no doubt the Beatles and the Stones were blamed before we had Pac-Man.

Which is not to say that average people aren't stupid.  I'm just not sure
they're that much stupid-*er* than they always were.  Marketing is maybe a
little slicker, or something like that.

-Rex

--
"Maybe baby election twelve who I really am!"
-Miranda Mellbye Broome