Re: (TV) A new focus for the TV mailing list

On Jan 3, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Maurice Rickard wrote:

Actually, Iridium IX for two of the four plugs, Iridium X for the others. Also, the IXs were wound clockwise with .006 wire, and the Xs wound *counter-clockwise* with .009s. If you're going to go for it, go all the way, I say.

I hate to be contrary, but research has shown that the .009s blow capacitance within 3dBs of peak irradiation when pushing 40v over and 30v under for over 20 minutes or so--you know, the length of a short set. I would stick with .0085 (but, of course go counter-clockwise). Isn't that what Brian May did with his AC30s?

In other news -- has anybody heard the Dungen album Ta Det Lugnt ? I keep hearing great things about it.

Also, New Jersey musician Tris McCall has an annual year end best/worst poll, which I always get a kick out of. You can send in your picks and pans at his website, if interested. I voted Tom for best guitar, since they did play this last year, it's fair play.

http://www.trismccall.net/

Finally, Happy New Year to all y'all. Now, I can go back to my lurking since I've gotten in my annual-or-so posting to the list.

Martin

martin@rosacordis.com