RE: (TV) Dumb guitar tech question

I have a McGuinn Rick and the dynamics on that instrument are almost
non-existent - it's a one-trick pony, but boy, what a pony! Or trick.
Anyway, McGuinn himself said "the more you squash that signal, the better
it's going to sound."  Max out the compression and use only the bridge
pickup (I know, the McGuinn model has three, I've never been able to figure
out why either ).  While solid-state seems to compliment this best, I've
also gotten good results with my tube Fender Super 60 and my Peavey Classic
20.  If you've got money to burn, check the alt.guitars.rickenbacker list
for information on the Janglebox, an outboard compressor that the man
himself now uses.  And realize no matter what you go with, the people in the
bar won't give a shit.  No one came up to me after a gig and said "hey,
great solo - what kind of tubes do you use?"