From: tv-owner@obbard.com On Behalf Of Phil
Obbard
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 8:15 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Brief Verlaine reference

IN MY CD PLAYER By Ed Bumgardner

Jeffrey Lee Pierce, Wildweed: "The late Jeffrey Lee Pierce was a boho
drunk, a punk poet and a musical renegade. This 1985 solo album
largely moved away from the disheveled noir blues of Pierce's band,
The Gun Club, in favor of a style eerily similar to that of Tom
Verlaine. It's potent stuff, all jagged edges, edgy poetry and
unusually good songs."

http://tinyurl.com/5fofk

--Phil