Re: (TV) (OT) Gang Of Four US tour dates

Phil wrote:

Wrote, played, and produced! The single is credited to "Chris Stamey
and the dB's", making it the first-ever dB's single, although Peter
Holsapple hadn't joined yet. Great song that sounds almost exactly
like the material Stamey/Holsapple wrote on those first two dB's
albums.

--- Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
Richard wrote and played on Chris Stamey's single, "I Thought You
Wanted to
Know". Great song. I hope thats the right title. It came out in
1978, I believe.

I take it that it's the same song (titled "I Thought") that Richard re-recorded for The Cover Doesn't Matter in 2001. When I heard it I couldn't believe how much it reminded me of Adventure. But of course it dates from the same year. It suggests to me that Richard should have got a songwriting credit for "Careful" and maybe others...

Must listen to him on BBC radio!

--JoeT