Re: (TV) (OT) Gang Of Four US tour dates

I keep thinking about Jay's post. Most of the writing about the history of rock that I've seen agrees that it came from the South. I find it hard to believe that it has become so far removed from its origins, yet almost no one from other U.S. regions or other countries ever comes down here. Does anyone know of a band that has tried and failed to sell tickets in the South? The TV reissues are widely available here in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina, probably because of all the universities and because the area's reputation as a high tech center draws people in from other places. Some stores actually have posters of the band up on the walls and available for sale. I'll bet the Gang of Four show in Philly ends up being at the TLA on South Street or the Trocadero (if its still called that) on Arch Street. I think those places are about the same size as the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill. I'm sure TV, Gang of Four or the dB's could sell out a show or two in the Cat's Cradle. Does anyone who understands the touring business understand why no bands come down here?

Jay wrote:

The dirty south gets fucked again.

--- Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
For those interested:

Gang of Four US Dates
May 1 - Coachella
May 2 - San Francisco @ Fillmore
May 3 - San Francisco @ Fillmore
May 5 - Portland @ Crystal Ballroom
May 6 - Seattle @ Showbox
May 7 - Vancouver @ Commodore
May 10 - Minneapolis @ Quest
May 11 - Chicago @ Metro
May 12 - Chicago @ Metro
May 14 - Toronto @ Phoenix
May 16 - Boston @ Avalon
May 17 - NYC @ Irving Plaza
May 18 - NYC @ Irving Plaza
May 20 - Washington DC @ 9:30 Club
May 21 - Philadelphia @ tba

Flanders: Homer, God didn't set your house on fire.
Rev. Lovejoy: No, but He was working in the hearts of your friends and neighbors when they came to your aid, be they Christian [camera pans to Flanders], Jew [Krusty], or...miscellaneous [Apu].
Apu: Hindu! There are 700 million of us.
Lovejoy: Aw, thats super. -The Simpsons, Homer the Heretic

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail --------------