Re: (TV) (OT) Gang Of Four US tour dates

At 12:52 PM +0100 4/14/05, Joe Thornton wrote:
I spent a vacation in Texas once. I must say that Houston was awful.

I had a good set in Houston (good audience connection, though on listening back to the set it wasn't particularly great), but the evening did turn weird and dark--the deaf sound guy insisted that we stole his poster of Jesus, and he inevitably had the PA cranked way too high. Then one of our other people insulted his microphone, and it all went downhill.

Once I got outside Houston it was great.

Agreed. I really liked Denton and Austin, which makes for a small sample set, but still...

Houston is where Jandek lives, isn't it?

Yep! Regrettably, I didn't find out until later that we played less than a minute by car from his house. Not that I would have knocked on the door or anything, but it might have been interesting just to take a look at the neighborhood.

But for Maurice's support, I'd have no intention of checking out Jandek.

I'm falling behind--I think I have about half his recorded output now. #40 just came out. Also, he's pre-announced a gig in London on May 22: http://www.musicloversfieldcompanion.org/

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/