Re: (TV) third album

Best album of the 90's???

That's crazy talk

--- Mike Ehritz <mikeez@earthlink.net> wrote:
> With so much chatter on this subject, I found it
> difficult to find a place
> to chime in. However, Rene's post reflects my
> feelings. To go a bit further
> I thought the third album was the best album of the
> 90s. But then again, I
> also think Verlaine's live shows in the 80's were
> better than any 70s or 90s
> Television show (however, the television show in LA
> a few years ago was a
> mindmelt - man, I wish they would tour!).
>
> mike
>
> On 4/15/05 2:04 PM, "Rene Alvir"
> <r_alvir2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have to agree with Robert Christgau...
> >
> > Television [Capitol, 1992]
> > I prefer the more rocking, songful old Television,
> but it's a tribute to Tom
> > Verlaine's conceptual restlessness and force of
> personality that in a world
> > where alternative guitar means making noise or
> mixing and matching from the
> > used bins, these four veterans have regrouped with
> a distinct new sonic
> > identity. Droll, warm-hearted, sophisticated,
> cryptic, jazzy yet unjazzlike,
> > they sound like nothing else--except, just a
> little, old Television, mainly
> > because Verlaine has ignored the Lloyd Cole jokes
> and refused to alter his
> > voiceprint. B+
> >
> > One of my favorite records...

Flanders: Homer, God didn't set your house on fire.
Rev. Lovejoy: No, but He was working in the hearts of your friends and neighbors when they came to your aid, be they Christian [camera pans to Flanders], Jew [Krusty], or...miscellaneous [Apu].
Apu: Hindu! There are 700 million of us.
Lovejoy: Aw, thats super.

   -The Simpsons, Homer the Heretic