From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Phil
Obbard
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 9:02 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) OT: Stiff Little Fingers

Hi all,

Following (yet another) recommendation from this group, I am
listening to Stiff Little Fingers for the first time ever this
morning as I work (the recent CD reissue of INFLAMMABLE MATERIAL just
arrived at my front door a few minutes ago).

So far, I'm impressed! I think it's funny that AMG refers to this
album as "badly produced" amid numerous comparisons to the Clash; I
actually think the engineering is slightly superior to the first two
Clash records overall. Definitely more dynamic. (Disclaimer: I am
listening to this on my boom box - but that seems fitting for a
record like this one, or for the Clash).

Is this the same Mayo Thompson on the production credits who was also
a member of Pere Ubu for a while?

It seem a little ironic to be listening to SLF on the birthday of one
of my favorite historical figures: http://tinyurl.com/cfak7

--Phil