Re: (TV) Is Bono Evil?

Keith wrote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/04/26/gates.bono.reut/index.html

Even I must say No to this. There's the man whose heart and anger are in the right place and who uses his position and fame to accomplish admirable and laudable things that slimeball government leaders should be doing.

Agreed.

Then, of course, there's the one who wails in front of his dull little pub-rock combo...

Well, U2 have been a bit more than that, and Bono can sing...

Then there's Mr Gates - who could have predicted that the man who unleashed so much crappy software on the world would turn out to be so passionate and generous about giving his money away doing things that slimeball government leaders should be doing?

Uh oh... As far as I know, most of Mr & Mrs Gates's donations are going to buy vaccines for southern countries. Not for the things those people really need -- clean water, good food, mosquito nets, and basic medical care. The vaccination racket suits Big Pharma, and (I and many others believe) does more harm than good. It's true that most medical doctors believe in vaccination, but they don't examine what's going on behind the scenes. All vaccinations have side-effects and it's easy to prove that there are big cover-ups by "health" authorities and pharma companies in at least some of the cases.

Whether they're in Uganda or USA, children need, first and foremost, loving care, pure water, and decent food. That's what maximizes their chances of growing up healthy and happy. Not vaccinations. I'm privileged to know many children who have never been vaccinated. There is nothing wrong with them. They get all the well-known childhood diseases, recover quickly, and get on with their lives -- as nearly all healthy children have done throughout human history. As far as I'm concerned, what Gates is doing with his money is an untold disaster. And I'm going to try to get that message through to Bono. He, at least, MIGHT get the message.

So I'm not happy to see Bono getting into bed with Gates...

--JoeT