Re: (TV) Attn Ms Secret X (& Otheres)

Micah wrote:
What is this thing with Ms. Secret X? I always seem to be away when this crap comes up.

 Background info, please.

SecretX is the person who used to write quite frequently to this list until she withdrew in June 2003. She said she was Tom Verlaine's girlfriend for some years until the early-1980s (I think) and gave us quite a few revelations. A few people on this list seemed to disbelieve her, but I think most of us accepted that she was the real deal. In her final messages she wrote:

"... It was Tom who first asked me to post
under an anonymous name, back in 1998. That's something he's a proponent
of. He himself has a zillion aliases here and there.

"... I shouldn't reveal so much, not because
it offends Tom, which it doesn't, but because it offends at least two
people here. Being subscribed to the immediate list has made it too easy
for me to spontaneously post whatever thoughts are on my mind at the
moment. If I had time to think about my posts I probably wouldn't throw
in the romantic bits and I'd stick to bootlegs, guitar chords, etc. The
main reason I'm on this list is to relay information to Tom. I could do
that just by reading the archives every night at the Marquee Moon site."

That was it from SecretX until Leo relayed a message from her recently.

Of course some of us were rather interested in "the romantic bits". Tom wanted to marry her (she indicated), but she finally decided she couldn't put up with his smoking, though they obviously remained friends.

--JoeT