Errata! Re: (TV) Fees Up / Vocals / Preview of Coming Attractions

On 4/13/06, Casey, Leo J <Leo.J.Casey@volpe.dot.gov> wrote:

> I've got to fess-up---I've had TV's new cds for awhile.
> And I've written down my take/opinion/criticism/praise etc.,
> but will wait a week or so until after the cds have been
> officially released.
>
> That way enough people will have heard "Songs and Other Things"
> to be able to tell me my review/ideas are totally wrong!  :>)
>
> But given that, I'll write a little about Robin's and Rex's
> take on his voice [even A comment on HIS voice on "Songs and
> Other Things"]
>
> >had me wondering if tom's vocal limitations have
> >played a part in his lack of vocal output until this
> >month.  or maybe he doesn't think of it that way at
> >all.  i just can't help but think he may find singing
> >challenging.
>
> >he could, off and on (I don't know if he just took more
> >care on some records than others), but you are right, he's
> >sounded beyond awful for years now.
>
> Agree.

It's probably my own sloppiness with context, but the above comments by me
were about LOU REED's vocals, not Tom's.

I don't believe Tom could ever vocally desecrate his legacy as egregiously
as Lou did his on the live Velvets reunion record... even if he tried!

-Rex