Re: (TV) oddly enough...

I'm not ready to weigh in on which song(s) are the "masterpieces" - so far I like every track, but my favorites are in order:

1.)  Blue Light

2.) The Earth is in the Sky  (this should be a single)

3.) Peace Piece

4.) Shingaling

5.) The Day on You

6.) All Weirded Out

Strangely (or not)...parts of the songs on this record remind me strongly of Richard Thompson's 'Rumor and Sigh' and 'Mock Tudor'. Also the song Blue Light reminds me of something on Patti Smith's Gung Ho. I haven't heard the instrumental record yet but I'm certain I'll like it. I expect that 'Songs' will go down as one of Toms' great records, no doubt about it.
- Russ

Jay wrote:
there have been more posts lately about the list's
diarreah than the new verlaine cds

not sure what others think, but after numerous
listens, "the day on you" is THE masterpiece on
"songs..."

no song really comes close