Re: (TV) Sad news - Go-Betweens

On 5/7/06, Per Rosin <per@ronz.org> wrote:

> Very, very, very sad news. Saw them a lot back in the eighties, but never
> got the chance to see them after the comeback. Their new albums are so
> great./Per

Beyond sad.  He wrote some song I know by heart.  "Bye Bye Pride" was the
first "lullabye" I sang for my first daughter.  The Go-Betweens were a huge
influence on me... "Movern Lovers vs. Go-Betweens" has been the  standby
description of my own band and my music.  I can't even figure this out.

Grant's solo records and other collaborations (like Jack Frost) have great
highs as well.  "Horsebreaker Star" is wonderful...

Mentioned here before, Tom's name is dropped in a Go-Betweens song (although
it's a Robert Forster number).

-Rex