Re: (TV) The best American band from the '60s?

Easy now guys....
I listened and I actually could here several similarities. That said, it means jack about whether Love was an influence on Television or not. I always thought Neil Young was an influence on Verlaine and Richard Thompson too. Turns out that Verlaine disliked Young greatly until he heard "Cortez the killer" . Until then, he just didn't get why people liked Young. As for Thompson, Verlaine said something to the effect that he's never heard of him at the time he was forming Television. This is according to the recent Wire interview. What it comes down to as far as influences are concerned is ... you just can't ever tell w/ Verlaine. Who knows if he's telling the truth ?
BTW - Love is a great band.

-Russ

> listen again

Thanks. That's really useful. I'm sure that if I listen to them once more,
the connection that's eluded me for decades will suddenly seem obvious.