(TV) Littleton,NPR,BlueLight, & Kubrick

I'm listening to SaOTs right now and the first song 'a parade in littleton' - well... it wouldn't be the first song I'd place on a record. I do like it but I'm glad there are *many* other songs on this record that are better. I guess what I get from that song is banality...? Maybe Tom saw "Bowling for Columbine" and saw how banal life is in Littleton, CO or maybe he's a "South Park" fan - which is also supposedly based on Littleton.

Also, just listened to the NPR podcast. Tom seems like a pretty affable chap. I like his *unusual* and eclectic tastes in music. I really want to investigate some of the jazz musicians he was into early like Mingus and Ayler ( both of whom I'm pretty ignorant) and theremin music in general.

I still can't get over what a beautiful song  'blue light' is.

Totally unrelated and yet somehow weirdly related, I recently saw this early Kubrick movie on TCM called "The Killing" (from 1957) - sorta noir-ish w/ voice over. Kinda like 'Dragnet' - story of a race track robbery that goes awry . Very entertaining and compelling. I can imagine a Verlaine soundtrack for this movie.

-Russ