Re: (TV) OT: Kids doing King Crimson

I couldn't do it. I got 3 minutes into it and had to close the browser. The gimmicky nature of that whole "School of Rock" enterprise is lost on me. Good on the kids putting in the time, exhibiting the necessary discipline to get this music under their fingers - but, frankly it doesn't rock and no one looks like they are enjoying themselves. That lack of enthusiasm for the tune comes out in the music.

  M.

Russ <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> wrote:
  I found this video of kids from the Philly School of Rock - whatever
that is... - to be rather moving - playing ,probably my sentimentally
favorite King Crimson song, "In the Court of the Crimson King" ,and
doing a damn fine job of it !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4KWBbcDV7A&search=king%20crimson