(TV) Technical Q for Dennis / Pick Was Jimmy using an e-bow

Hmm, my memory's a bit muddled by now, but I don't think he did use an e-bow. I do remember thinking that Ripp was getting amazing keyboard-like sounds from his guitar, though. Actually, my initial reaction to the question was yes, Ripp did use an e-bow, but then when Dennis said no, I started to doubt myself--so, it could go either way!

By the way, my determined Internet searching turned up some interesting info on the current activities of the Amazing Mr. Ripp--who more frequently goes by Jimmy Rip. He plays with, possibly manages, and has produced an upcoming record for Jerry Lee Lewis, which will have many, many also amazing guests on it. http://www.jerryleelewis.nl/en/NewAlbum.htm

Dennis said:

I didn't notice Jimmy Ripp playing with an e-bow, but Jim Mastro did in the
opening set. Jimmy Ripp is famous for his use of guitar synth though.

Was Jimmy using an e-bow (I can't even really describe
what they look like) in lieu of a pick?

Dennis would know better than me.

'Orbit' was played early in set when I had not yet made my
way to about 12' from stage (that's 3.7 meters outside of
metric-phobic USA).

From 35-40 feet away it looked to me that Rip was simply
using a pick.

 Nancy E., do you know?