(TV) OT -- A few laughs are in order

... in this vale of tears. I was going to relate this to the use of language
in Tom Verlaine's later songs, but I think you can do that yourself.

Culled from the Guardian today. Some public statements from you-know-who:

  'We know where they [Iraq's alleged WMD] are. They're in the area around
Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.'

  'The message is that there are known knowns - there are things that we know
that we know. There are known unknowns - that is to say, there are things that
we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns - there are
things we do not know we don't know. And each year we discover a few more of
those unknown unknowns.'

  'Stuff happens. It's untidy, and freedom's untidy, and free people are free
to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things.'

  'He [Osama Bin Laden] is either alive and well or alive and not too well or
not alive.'

  'Near my office is a flag done in ... origami. That's one of those words I
haven't mastered yet.'

  'This is fantastic - I've got a laser pointer! ... Holy mackerel ... ah man,
that's terrific!'

  'I shouldn't get into ... this is diplomacy, and I don't do diplomacy.'

  'We do have a saying in America: if you're in a hole, stop digging .....
erm, I'm not sure I should have said that.'

  'I believe what I said yesterday ... I don't know what I said, er, but I
know what I think, and ... well, I assume it's what I said.'

  'Well, um, you know, some things are neither good nor bad but thinking makes
it so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said.'

  'It's like, you know, stirring for troubled waters.'

  'What we are seeing is not the war in Iraq. What we're seeing is slices of
the war in Iraq.'

-- Donald Rumsfeld, that was
Checked by AVG Free Edition.