Re: (TV) greg reviews Joanna Newsome

--- Steve Rovner <serovner@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm just getting old and falling into to mindset of "I've
> heard that music before, and all I hear now are recycled ideas".
> But, I think not.

This happens to me, too. But I offset it by remembering how the world
of existing recorded music is like the Library of Congress, and I've
barely begun to tap into it. Right now, there are far more tracks
being recorded and bands developing new material than I'll ever be
able to listen to -- and I'll enjoy hunting these down. Some I'll
find in a few months; some I won't find for years and years.
Separating the wheat from the chaff, sort of.

Right now, my CD changer has a Go Kart Mozart record from 2005 and a
Buddy Holly compilation with some of his earliest material -- that's
a span of exactly 50 years. Both are acquisitions (and new to me as
music) from the last few weeks. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in
between I'm still missing.

--Phil