Re: (TV) Marquee Moon Test Press

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:53:20 -0700 (PDT)
Brad Orgeron <bradjenmax@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>   lp has white labels that say: Columbia Records Production Santa Maria.
>
>   my questions - 1. how come this album is a columbia test press when columbia has nothing to do with elektra?

Oooo!  I know this!  Oooo!

In 1964, CBS (parent of Columbia records) established a record and tape manufacturing and distribution facility in Santa Maria, California.  It
was closed in 1981.  Besides handling CBS's product, other labels would
outsource the manufacturing and distribution of albums and tapes to it.
Elektra is know to have used 2 CBS facilities, and 2 Philips facilities.

Unfortunately, I don't know about the rest of it.  I leave it to the
archivists here to speak to other details of this piece of ephemera.