(TV) Fwd: Boat Burning, ODIST, Clang Quartet, D. Ferguson Sat 1/31 @ NIGHTLIGHT

Hi folks,

You may recall Chapel Hill's Amps Do Furnish A Room collective:  in
2008, we covered Television's Marquee Moon live
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ampsdofurnisharoom).

If you happen to find yourself in Chapel Hill, NC next Saturday 1/31,
take a chance and come see Boat Burning.  It's an ADFAR spinoff
devoted exclusively to live free-form improvisation, a la early Pink
Floyd.

Rumor has it that there will be a 60's style liquid light show.   That
would be silly, of course;  no one does liquid light shows.

-A

=======

Boat Burning, ODIST, Clang Quartet, D. Ferguson Sat 1/31 @ NIGHTLIGHT

Boat Burning is pleased to announce we'll be playing Saturday 1/31 at
9pm at NIGHTLIGHT, 405 1/2 W. Rosemary St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514,
with Douglas Ferguson from Austin TX, Athens' ODIST, and Chapel Hill's
mighty Clang Quartet.

Boat Burning brings together musicians from Chapel Hill's Amps Do
Furnish A Room collective, Killer Filler and The Old Ceremony for
intense live instrumental improvisation using prepared electric
guitars, cello and drums.

Focusing exclusively on live free-form composition, Boat Burning
eschews set pieces, which means we are essentially working without a
net each time we play out.   What you'll hear will be unique, created
entirely in the moment ... and then after you've heard it, gone
forever.  Like so many good things, the music -- spacey/edgy,
delicate/brutal, noisy/beautiful "hard ambiance" -- is totally, 100%
ephemeral.

Directions to NIGHTLIGHT:  http://www.nightlightclub.com/images/nl-map.gif

Get off the couch, get out, and live a little.  You only go around once.

Andy Fekete

Boat Burning / Amps Do Furnish A Room http://www.myspace.com/boatburning

Clang Quartet http://www.myspace.com/clangquartet
ODIST http://www.myspace.com/enjoyodist
Douglas Ferguson http://www.myspace.com/douglasferguson

NIGHTLIGHT: http://www.nightlightclub.com/

Google Maps link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&f=d&iwstate1=dir:to&daddr=405+1/2+W+Rosemary+St,+Chapel+Hill,+NC+27516+(Skylight+Exchange)&geocode=CSwbVT4EcBkBFd73IwIdM5pJ-w&iwloc=1&dq=405+1/2+W.+Rosemary+St,&ei=dnh7ScqJN4nCNbOaqKUM