Re: (TV) 4th Album

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:49:09 -0600
Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:
> A Television record without Lloyd? I'm not really sure it could be called
> so...but one that included both Lloyd and Rip would be cool!

Sure would, both are excellent guitarists that bring different things
to the table.

> Television has always been about the interplay of two guitars...but so
> have,for the most part, Tom Verlaine's solo efforts. Whose solo sound is
> more in line with the Television sound in general? I'd have to say Verlaine.

Definitely Verlaine.  I love Richard's solo stuff but it's always had a
very different feel to it.  That's consistent with Richard's view that
Television has always been Tom's band playing Tom's songs.  Richard might
add parts, and some songs are more collaborative, but to my knowledge
Television never recorded a song that Richard wrote and brought to the
table.