RE: Other lists/Suggestions / RE: (TV) most embarassing request ever

--- On Thu, 1/13/11, Murray Ramone <murrayramone@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The remix of kill city is incredible
> - if you've ever liked it but thought it
> was badly produced, it sounds fantastic now
>
> The box set of the stooges tour with williamson and ashton
> on guitar is also
> fantastic - but it would've made a great single cd with a
> bit of editing !

have always loved "kill city," now it's just that much easier to love.  i think there are some great songs on it.  if only they had been able to squeeze out one or two more, it would feel more like an album (the filler is noticeable).

"you don't want my name, you want my action" -- that's the one that started my stooges frenzy.  it is mostly instrumental -- iggy off mike (or MIA) for the better part of all but one of the discs.  but really great guitar sounds.  fun listening.

have not heard the "georgia peach" disc yet.  did enjoy the new one on rhino handmade, "live at ungano's."  taped by danny fields in NYC in 1970, it opens with a little chatter before the show, featuring a very young patti smith giving her thoughts on iggy.